It has been a little over a year since we made the decision to operate from a framework of transparent engagement. We have been inventing it as we go along, learning a lot more than even we thought we would.
There have already been several broad areas where we have openly engaged.
– Our name change to Creating the Future
– Board recruitment criteria for Creating the Future
– New program idea – developing “Flash Classes”
– Our year-end fundraising
And then there is the general “way of being” that is being built into the DNA of the organization, as we’ve worked to build transparency and engagement into everything we do.
As we dive into Year 2 of operating in this way, we are assembling our thinking about what we’ve learned. As we do so, it would be helpful to know from you…
- In your own organization, what are you doing to be more transparent about your organization’s decisions? Can you share a story of what worked? What are you learning?
- What stops you from making your decisions by transparently engaging others? What concerns do you have about opening your doors and windows, busting down the walls, and making formerly “internal closed-doors discussions” more transparent?
- What questions would you want answered before you would feel comfortable being more open?
Looking forward to learning from you all – thanks!
Photo Info: “Almost Transparent” 5th Ave Taxis thru the Lalique Windows at Henri Bendel, shot by me in Fall 2009